Sunday, April 27, 2014

Holy Humor Sunday Songs (Happy by Pharrell Williams - Easter Version; Zippity Doo Dah - Easter Version)

“Happy” – EASTER VERSION
Music by Pharrell Williams
Words by Kristie Koch, United in Christ Lutheran Church
Lewisburg, PA

(VERSE 1) It might seem crazy what I’m bout to say
But Christ has risen from the grave
I’m a hot air balloon that could go to space
And spread the news of Christ all over the place

(CHORUS) Because I’m happy
Clap along if you feel that the Spirit is in you
Because I’m happy
Clap along if you feel that Jesus is the truth
Because I’m happy
Clap along if you know that Jesus died for you
Because I’m happy
Clap along if you feel like that’s what you want to do

(VERSE 2) There came bad news on Good Friday
That Christ was crucified that day
Well you know I told you that things would be fine
Because Christ arose to save this heart of mine
And that’s why…

(CHORUS) Because I’m happy
Clap along if you feel that the Spirit is in you
Because I’m happy
Clap along if you feel that Jesus is the truth
Because I’m happy
Clap along if you know that Jesus died for you
Because I’m happy
Clap along if you feel like that’s what you want to do

(BRIDGE) Bring me down
Can’t nothing bring me down
My faith is too strong
Bring me down
Can’t nothing bring me down
I said let me tell you now
Bring me down
Can’t nothing bring me down
My faith is too strong
Bring me down
Can’t nothing bring me down
I said


Because I’m happy
Clap along if you feel that the Spirit is in you
Because I’m happy
Clap along if you feel that Jesus is the truth
Because I’m happy
Clap along if you know that Jesus died for you
Because I’m happy
Clap along if you feel like that’s what you want to do

BRIDGE
CHORUS

Sermon Hymn
“Zippity doo dah” – Easter Version
Music by Allie Wrubel
Lyrics by The Rev. Dr. Leah Schade

Chorus
Zippity doo dah, zippity-a
My, oh my, what a wonderful day
Jesus Christ is risen today!
Zippity doo dah, zippity-a

Verse 1
See the angel in the tomb
It’s the truth, it’s factual,
Death is conquered, no more gloom
Zippity doo dah, zippity-a
Jesus Christ is risen today!

Verse 2
Touch his hands and touch his side
It’s the truth, it’s factual
See the Devil wave bye-bye
Zippity doo dah, zippity-a
Jesus Christ is risen today!

Chorus (with kazoos)
Zippity doo dah, zippity-a
My, oh my, what a wonderful day
Jesus Christ is risen today!
Zippity doo dah, zippity-a

Verse 3
Tell your neighbors, tell your friends:
It’s the truth, it’s factual,
Love and hope will never end
Zippity do dah, zippity-a
Jesus Christ is risen today!

Chorus
Zippity doo dah, zippity-a
My, oh my, what a wonderful day
Jesus Christ is risen today!
Zippity doo dah, zippity-a



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. If approved after review, it will be posted on the site.